If you peel the oranges in such a way that you’re left with two equal halves of peel (here’s an article on how to do that), you can make something really cute out of them. You can make your own scented candles! The two leftover pieces of orange peel serve as little bowls. It’s a cheap alternative to having to buy all kinds of expensive scented candles. Plus, it’s a fun and easy DIY project that will leave your home smelling amazing!
What do you need?
- 2 halves of orange peel
- 2 large tea lights
- a saucepan
This is how you do it:
- Peel the orange in such a way that you’re left with two halves of peel.
- Remove the aluminium foil from the tea light and then remove the wick through the bottom of the candle.
- Melt the wax of the tea light.
- Place the wick you took out of the tea light in the middle of the orange peel bowl.
- Carefully pour the molten wax in the bowl and make sure the wick stays in the middle of the bowl.
- Let the wax dry properly. Light the wick and enjoy the lovely citrus smell in your home!
Read more: Make these cheap and simple DIY scented vinegar cleaners and your house will always smell clean and fresh!
Want to save this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!