Who knew cardboard boxes were good for these things!
We don’t know how it happens, but we always seem to accumulate a ton of cardboard boxes. Maybe it has something to do with all the online shopping we do… Some of those online stores send their wares in unnecessarily big boxes. Luckily, there’s no need to throw them all out because you can very easily use these boxes to create something handy and helpful for animals. You can make the birds in your garden very happy with a handmade cardboard food-heart. Or how about giving your cat a handmade little cat cave? It’s very simple and only takes a few minutes.
Handy and fun for the animals around your home!
If you want to help out the birds in your garden when winter rolls around, a bird feeder is a must. You can buy a standard fat ball or bird feeder from the supermarket, but isn’t it much more fun to make it yourself? This simple DIY project is also a lot of fun to do together with your children or grandchildren. Plus, it doesn’t take long at all!
What do you need?
- 1 cardboard box
- peanut butter
What do you need to do?
- Use the pencil to draw fun figures on the cardboard box and cut them out.
- Slather both sides of the cardboard figures with peanut butter.
- Put the birdseed into a big bowl and place the peanut butter-covered figure in it. Make sure the entire figure is covered in birdseed.
- Prick a little hole in the top of the figure and pull a piece of yarn through it.
- Hang the food figure somewhere in your garden. The birds will love you for it!
Do you want to know what you can do for your pets with cardboard boxes? Go to the next page for a tip that’ll make you very happy!
Page 1 of 2