We had no idea you could do this with some orange peel!
Oranges are filled to the brim with vitamins and they’re delicious as well! Everybody knows that oranges are a great source of vitamin C, and it also helps you get enough folic acid. It’s a great piece of fruit!
But did you know you can do something really fun with the leftover peel?
If you peel the oranges in such a way that you’re left with two equal halves of peel (here’s an article on how to do that), you can make something really cute out of them. You can make your own scented candles! The two leftover pieces of orange peel serve as little bowls. It’s a cheap alternative to having to buy all kinds of expensive scented candles. Plus, it’s a fun and easy DIY project that will leave your home smelling amazing!
What do you need?
- 2 halves of orange peel
- 2 large tea lights
- a saucepan
This is how you do it:
- Peel the orange in such a way that you’re left with two halves of peel.
- Remove the aluminium foil from the tea light and then remove the wick through the bottom of the candle.
- Melt the wax of the tea light.
- Place the wick you took out of the tea light in the middle of the orange peel bowl.
- Carefully pour the molten wax in the bowl and make sure the wick stays in the middle of the bowl.
- Let the wax dry properly. Light the wick and enjoy the lovely citrus smell in your home!
Want to save this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!