Everyone will love this Brussels sprouts casserole
Autumn is in full swing and winter is fast approaching. On cold days we love to eat good, hearty casserole dishes that’ll provide us with lots of energy. This Brussels sprouts casserole is a perfect example! It’s easy to make and also very delicious.
This is what you need for 4 to 5 people
- 300 g Brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved
- 300 g mincemeat
- 450 g potato slices
- 200 to 300 ml water
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- grated cheese to taste
This is how to do it:
- Preheat the oven at 180 °C (350 degrees F).
- Put some oil in a frying pan and pan-fry the potato slices until they’re just golden brown.
- Take the slices out of the pan and put them to the side.
- Put some new oil in the pan and lightly fry the mincemeat before adding the onion and garlic and frying it all together.
- Add some water to the pan and steam the sprouts until they’re done.
- Grease an oven dish and place half of the potato slices on the bottom. Spread the mincemeat on top of that, and then add most of the sprouts. Add the rest of the potato slices and the rest of the sprouts, and finish by adding some grated cheese.
- Bake the casserole in your preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
And that’s it! Enjoy your delicious casserole!
Want to save this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!
Source: Lekker&Simpel | Image as illustration