This is why you should never pick mould off your bread!


Yikes, mouldy bread is even more gross than we thought!

We’ve all had the unpleasant experience of taking out a loaf of bread only to find out it’s covered in mould. Well, just cut it off and eat the rest, right? No! Even though that’s what you might have been taught as a kid, it’s best to immediately banish mouldy bread to the bin.

Eating bread that has contained mouldy spots is strongly discouraged. Although you might think that picking off the mould is enough, the opposite turns out to be true. Bread is a soft food, which means that it’s easier for the roots of mould to permeate it.

Throw it away
So, you might think you’ve cut away all of the mould because you can no longer see it, but often the mould already has spread its roots throughout the bread. And that’s not something you want to be eating. Just remember: you can’t always spot the mould’s tentacles in your bread, so it’s better to just throw it out once mould has had anything to do with it.

Want to save this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!

Source: Good Housekeeping Image: Reference