A bottle of tea tree oil is super cheap but incredibly useful!
You’ve probably passed this teeny tiny bottle at the drugstore a thousand times without really looking at it, but after reading this you’ll want to buy it straight away. Tea tree oil is a natural product that comes from the leaves of the Melaleuca Alternifolia, also known as the narrow-leaved paperbark.
The instructions on the bottle say you can use the oil as an anti-inflammatory treatment for impure skin. It has a soothing quality and works anti-irritating when you’ve got acne. That in itself is already a great reason to buy a bottle, but did you know you can do so much more with tea tree oil?
- Lice: Tea tree oil is very effective in combating lice. Mix together 10 drops of the oil with a neutral shampoo and apply it to your hair. Let this mixture soak for about 10 minutes and then rinse it properly. Repeat the process after a week has passed.
- Insect bites: Dab a little bit of pure tea tree oil or balm onto the insect bite to alleviate the sting.
- Natural all-purpose cleaner: Mix two tablespoons of tea tree oil with some water in a small spray bottle and you’ve got yourself a great natural all-purpose cleaner!
- Stubborn sweat odour: Mix together a small amount of the oil with your shower gel and you’ll always smell minty fresh.
- Bug spray: Mix a bit of oil with some water and spray this on the window frames in the spots where the bugs cause the most trouble. Bugs hate the smell of the oil so you’ll notice they’ll stay away.
- Mould: Got mould in your home? Add about 2 tablespoons of tea tree oil to 500 ml water. Mix this together properly and put the mixture into a spray bottle. Next, spray the mixture onto the spots of mould in your home. Leave it to soak for a couple of minutes and then rub the spot with a towel. You’ll notice a result immediately! Repeat this process until all of the mould has disappeared.
- Itchy scalp: Use a soft shampoo (like baby shampoo) with 5 drops of tea tree oil.
- Clean your toothbrush by dripping a couple of drops of the oil directly onto the toothbrush. Do this once or twice a week.
- Ear inflammation: Mix together 1 tablespoon of lukewarm olive oil with 1 drop of tea tree oil and drip this into the inflamed ear. Lay down on your other side and lightly press a cotton bal into the inflamed ear so the oil doesn’t trickle out. Repeat this as often as necessary to help combat the inflammation.
Do you know of any more amazing uses for this miracle oil? Let us know in the comments on Facebook!
Want to save this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!