Turmeric has many benefits!
Turmeric is a spice that’s made of the root of a plant. In our increasingly multicultural society, it’s nothing if not logical that we use foreign products in our dishes. Turmeric, which has a slightly bitter taste, is a good example of that. We use it to spice up our dishes, but it also has a lot of health benefits!
We’ve compiled a list of 20 health advantages of turmeric powder and tablets:
- It’s a natural antiseptic and antibacterial product, so it’s useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
- According to research, if you combine it with cauliflower, you can prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of already existing prostate cancer.
- It prevents the spreading of breast cancer to the lungs. At least, in mice it does.
- You can prevent melanoma (an aggressive form of skin cancer) by consuming turmeric, and it will also make sure the already existing melanoma cells will kill themselves.
- It decreases the risk of leukemia in children.
- It’s a natural detoxifier of the liver.
- It can prevent Alzheimer and can also stagnate the development of Alzheimer by removing the buildup of amyloid plaques in the brain.
- For several types of cancer it can prevent metastatic growths.
- It has a powerful anti-inflammatory function and works just as well as other anti-inflammatory medicine, but it doesn’t have any of the side effects.
- It’s proven to be very promising in delaying Multiple Sclerosis in mice.
- It’s a natural pain killer and a COX 2 inhibitor.
- It can help with fat metabolism and weight control.
- In Chinese medicine it is used in treatments against depression.
- Because of it’s anti-inflammatory function, it’s used in a natural treatment against arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- It increases the effects of chemo medicine Paclitaxel and reduces its side effects.
- There are many promising studies going on about the effects of turmeric on pancreatic cancer.
- There’s also continuous research going on into the positive effects of turmeric in Kahler’s disease (or Multiple Myeloma).
- It stops the growth of new tumors in blood vessels.
- It speeds up healing wounds and repairing skin.
- It can help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin diseases.
Want to save this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!