Some breakfast products really aren’t good for you…
Breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day. It’s a source of energy to start your day out with in the right way. Plus, a decent breakfast can do wonders when you want to lose some weight.
You won’t crave snacks nearly as much if you have a proper breakfast.
That gnawing feeling of hunger at 10 am in the morning is so annoying! It’s not time for lunch yet, but you do feel like eating something… You can prevent this feeling by having a good breakfast every day. Yet, a lot of people don’t know what really constitutes a ‘good breakfast’ that will stimulate losing weight as well. There are a couple of things you really shouldn’t eat for breakfast in the morning, because it’ll only achieve the opposite of what you want.
Products to avoid
If you want to lose weight, it’s best to avoid these products in the morning:
- Juice from a box: These juices are often filled to the brim with sugar and preservatives. Even freshly pressed juice isn’t always the best choice, because a glass of fresh orange juice contains the equivalent of five sugar cubes!
- Cornflakes: This cereal is full of sugar as well. Cornflakes will provide you with energy for a short time, but you’ll feel tired because of all the sugar after a short while already, and will want to eat again.
- Flavoured yogurt: Once again, this is a source of unhealthy sugars. They have to sweeten it with something, after all! It’s much better to have some Greek yogurt with honey.
- White dough products: Croissants, bagels and donuts don’t contain any nutrients but they do contain loads of calories. You’ll feel full for about 10 minutes and then you’ll crave a snack again already! Try to eat multigrain products instead.
- Processed meat products: Stuff like bacon, sausages and other processed meat products contain fats that are harmful to your heart and blood vessels.
Want to save this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!