These foods are what’s causing your bloated feeling!
Feeling bloated is one of the most annoying things that can happen to you. It happens to everyone, even people who always eat healthily. Luckily, you can keep track of what foods are causing your bloated feeling. We’ll tell you all about it!
When you’ve got a bloated feeling, you’ve literally got an inflated stomach; there’s a lot of gas and air in your stomach at this point. It can cause great discomfort and you can suffer from cramps and gas. Such a swollen belly often happens after eating a (big) meal, like Christmas dinner, but it can also be caused by an intolerance to certain foods or a bowel disease. Do you feel bloated quite regularly and do you want to get rid of this discomfort? Then it might be smart to stop eating the following foods:
- Beans: Beans are very healthy and contain a lot of healthy carbohydrates, protein, fibers and other beneficial things like vitamins and minerals. But beans also contain alpha-galactosidase, which causes a bloated feeling. You can prevent this from happening by soaking the beans before cooking them. This makes them easier to digest.
- Carbonated drinks: Drinks like cola contain carbonic acid, which goes straight to your intestines when you drink it. This causes your stomach to bloat. It’s best to drink water or freshly pressed juice instead of carbonated drinks.
- Wheat: It’s very possible that wheat causes more bloating for you than other grains do. You could try replacing wheat with spelt or sourdough bread.
- Onions: Onions can cause a lot of different discomforts when eaten raw. But even if they’re properly cooked or fried, they can be hard on your stomach. So, first try to properly cook or fry your onions and if that doesn’t work it’s best to use spices instead of onions for the taste.
- Dairy: Dairy can cause a lot of discomfort when you’re sensitive to it. Milk, cheese, yogurt, butter and other dairy-based foods are difficult for your body to digest because they contain lactose. This causes a bloated feeling. To prevent this you can choose to consume lactose-free products like coconut milk or rice milk.
Want to save this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!