Are you already using this miracle product?
Coconut oil; everyone has been talking about it for quite some time now. Health experts and nutritionists alike agree: everyone should own a jar of this stuff. Coconut can be used in many different ways; in the kitchen and the rest of the home, but also on your body. And it smells delicious as well!
Have you gotten curious? We have put together a list of amazing uses of this special oil. We bet you’ll want to go out and buy a jar of your own after reading this!
- Athlete’s foot: Coconut oil has powerful anti-fungus properties, which makes it perfect for combatting fungal infections with. Add a few drops of oregano or tea tree oil for an even better result.
- Acne: Coconut oil combats the bacteria that cause acne, but does so in a mild way. Carefully dab it directly onto the pimples.
- Stretch marks: Rubbing the oil on your body can prevent pregnancy stretch marks from appearing. The oil softens the skin and makes it supple and flexible.
- Hunger: If you eat a spoon of coconut oil before your meal, you can control your appetite. This is especially handy if you’re looking to lose some weight.
- Wrinkles: Rub the oil in the lines, creases and wrinkles on your skin. It will hydrate and soften the wrinkles, which will make them less visible.
- Sore throat: Swallow one tablespoon worth of oil. It will soften and protect your throat and it will make your mucous membranes more healthy. It also helps to protect you from infections.
- Cold sores: Coconut oil has antiviral properties that will help combat the cold sore virus. Just rub a bit of the oil on the cold sore. You could add a bit of oregano oil to speed up the healing process.
- Removing chewing gum: The oil can help get the sticky stuff out of hair, carpet and any other place it doesn’t belong.
- Earache: Coconut oil mixed with garlic oil helps against earaches.
- Age spots: The oil is beneficial for any type of skin, but because of its powerful antioxidants it can let age spots fade away.
- Bruises: Rub the oil on the bruised places to help speed up the healing process.
- Deodorant: Mix together coconut oil, cornstarch, baking soda and your favorite essential oils to create a natural deodorant that smells amazing.
- Eczema: The oil will help reduce the itch, pain, flaking and dryness of eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis.
- Strong bones: The oil will help your body absorb calcium and magnesium. Both of those minerals are important for strong bones and teeth.
And these are just a few of the many benefits of this amazing oil! Do you have any more coconut oil-based tips? Share them with us in the comments on Facebook!
Want to save this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!
Source: Glamour | Image: Pixabay