We had no idea!
When we want to have a low-carb week, we always cut bread from our diet. Although it’s pretty well-known how many carbohydrates you can find in one sandwich, there are also lot of foods that are rich in carbs without people knowing about it. Luckily, we’ve got a list for you of a few foods that contain a lot of ‘hidden’ carbs.
- Juices: One glass of orange juice can contains 30 grams of carbohydrates. Plus, most juices contain fast carbs, which cause you to feel hungry a lot sooner.
- Raisins: Although these dried grapes are very healthy (they contain lots of good vitamins and are full of antioxidants), they’re also a source of calories and carbs. In 100 grams of raisins, you’ll find 79 grams of carbohydrates.
- Quinoa: Because of the amount of fibers and proteins it contains, quinoa is a good alternative to bread. But quinoa does contain 39 grams of carbs per cup.
- Cocktails: Of course, you can also drink carbs. Most people know that cocktails aren’t exactly low in calories, but did you know they are rich in carbs as well? Cocktails contain 16 to 39 grams of carbs per glass!
- Gluten-free products: People often confuse gluten-free for low-carb, but that definitely isn’t true. Gluten-free pastas, bread and breakfast cereals can contains just as many carbs as products that do contains gluten. They’re not as low-carb as people think.
Want to save this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!
Source: Good Housekeeping | Image: pxhere