Mince pies and brownies: what more could you want?
Christmas is around the corner! Are you looking for a last minute recipe for some delicious Christmas sweets? Look no further, because these brownie mince pies are the best thing ever!
- 100 g butter
- 100 g brown caster sugar
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- one roll fresh puff pastry
- 100 g jam or jelly (taste is up to you!)
- icing sugar
This is how you make it:
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Melt the butter together with the caster sugar in a saucepan on low heat.
- Once it’s melted, take it off the heat and stir through the chocolate.
- Break the eggs above the mixture and mix them through.
- Add the flour and mix it through.
- Place the puff pastry on a flat surface and use a glass to divide it into 12 circles. Take a cookie cutter in the shape of a star and cut 12 stars out of the remaining pastry.
- Grease a muffin tin and place the circles of pastry inside the tin. Press it into the sides.
- Add one tablespoon of jam to every circle of pastry, followed by a tablespoon of brownie batter. Top it off with a star of pastry.
- Bake the brownie mince pies inside your preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar over the mince pies and let it all cool down. Enjoy!
Want to save this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!