Simple, cheap and multi-functional
This is one of those grandma tips! You know, one of those tricks that works amazingly, but hardly anyone knows or uses. Even though it works so well! If you use this natural product to wash your clothes in the washing machine, they are guaranteed to come out clean, soft, and smelling great!
The great thing about this trick is that it does not only benefit your laundry, but your washing machine as well! It cleans the parts that are subject to limescale and does it without using chemicals. Okay, we have kept you in suspense for long enough! The product we are talking about is white vinegar! Wait, wait, don’t click away now; we’re not joking! To prove it we have put together 9 benefits of washing with this product in this article.
To start: pour a generous splash of vinegar into your washing machine alongside the usual detergent; this will improve the results of your normal detergent. For more intensive work you can rinse your clothes first in a bath of 125ml (1/2 cup) of vinegar with water. Then enjoy your clean laundry, which won’t smell of vinegar at all!
- Sweat and deodorant stains: It’s a shame to have to throw away clothes after a while just because sweat patches have appeared under the arms that won’t come out with normal detergent. With vinegar, they will!
- Fabric softener: Also pour some white vinegar in the fabric softener compartment of your washing machine. Your laundry will come out wonderfully soft and it is not detrimental to the environment, like fabric softener is.
- Colourfastness: Sprinkle about 125 ml (1/2 cup) of vinegar over your clothing before washing. This will protect the colours from fading and helps to remove soapy deposits from your laundry.
- Stubborn stains: Fill a bucket with water and add a cup of vinegar. Put your items of clothing with stubborn stain into the buck and leave them to soak for about an hour. Then just throw it in with the rest of your laundry in the washing machine.
- Static clothing: Woolly jumpers and fleecy throws are wonderful, but they can often get very static. By washing them with vinegar you will no longer have this problem! Just try it!
- Soap remnants and impurities: In particular when using washing powder rather than liquid detergent, soap remnants and other impurities tend to stay behind in your laundry. This can be very irritating, especially if you have sensitive skin. Adding 125 ml (1/2 cup) of vinegar to the wash means that irritation is a thing of the past!
- Leave to soak: Swimming costumes, swimming trunks, face cloths, hand towels and bath towels. After a period of time, they often get a ‘greasy’ feel to them. Leave them to soak in a bowl with 60 ml (1/4 cup) of vinegar added to the water for about 30 minutes and then put them in the washing machine. Result: beautifully clean!
- Cigarette odors: Do you smoke at home, or have you been to a party where people were smoking? Your clothes will start to smell bad, especially if you don’t do anything about it. White vinegar neutralizes cigarette odors! This can also be used for curtains!
- Animal hairs: We love our pets so much, but all those stray hairs… Pet fur can be very difficult to get our of your clothing. The golden tip, which you will probably be able to guess by now, is to wash your clothing in the washing machine with vinegar and leave them to dry. Once the clothing is dry, you can simply brush the hairs away!
This is it! Did you find it interesting? Then don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family.
Want to save this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!