Look what he does with a plastic bag full of dish soap!
Dish soap is mostly used for washing up or other cleaning purposes, but it can be really useful for other things as well. For example, you can make a great ice pack with it! Ice packs are really handy to have around. They’re not only great to take with you to the beach to keep your drinks cold, but they can also offer great relief for aches or swelling.
Ice packs aren’t always around, which is why many people try to come up with alternatives. We’ve discovered a simple method to make your own ice packs. All you need is a few common products most people already own. And the best thing? It’s super cheap! Here’s how to do it…
This is what you need:
- a resealable plastic freezer bag
- 250 ml dish soap
- 60 ml rubbing/isopropyl alcohol
These three things should do the trick!
This is how to do it:
- Pour both liquids into the plastic bag. If you don’t want to use dish soap, you could also use equal parts water and rubbing alcohol.
- The bag should be filled about three quarters of the way. Try to squeeze out all of the excess air.
- To be extra careful, you could put an extra plastic bag around the freezer bag. Place the bag upright in your freezer until it’s ice cold. It won’t freeze solid but instead remain a bit flexible; this is because of the alcohol.
And that’s all you need to do to make your own ice pack! When the bag with the dish soap mixture is no longer cold enough, you can put it back into the freezer. Take a look at the video below if you want to see this trick in action:
Want to keep this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!
Image: video still YouTube