Pay attention when using fabric softener!
A lot of people still use fabric softener. According to commercials, you can’t wash your clothes without it; it makes them as fresh as a daisy and so clean you just want to keep on smelling it. But is that true? We’ve looked into what’s actually in it, and you will be shocked!
If you read the packaging properly, you will find that fabric softener contains a couple of substances that aren’t fresh at all. On the contrary, we couldn’t find a single reason why you should foul your clean laundry with these chemicals! We’ve listed some of them below.
1. Alpha-Terpineol – This dangerous chemical can cause health problems like dizziness, headaches, memory loss and even numbness in your face and pain in your neck and back.
2. Benzyl acetate – A toxic chemical that has been linked to pancreatic cancer. The fumes can cause irritation to your eyes and your airways.
3. Benzyl alcohol – Benzyl alcohol can cause a big number of health problems, like central nervous system disorders, headaches, nausea, vomiting, dizziness and extreme drops in blood pressure.
4. Chloroform – Chloroform is a powerful carcinogenic neurotoxin and can cause a lot of health problems like loss of consciousness, nausea, headaches, vomiting and/or dizziness, and drowsiness.
5. Linalool – This is a sedative that is known for causing respiratory problems and the loss of muscle coordination.
All of these chemicals are part of fabric softeners! Plus, they’re expensive and bad for the environment. We’ve written an article on good alternatives that are much cheaper and better: Click here.
Want to save this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!