These 6 cleaning mistakes can actually be very unsafe

Making these cleaning mistakes can be dangerous

There are very few people who actually love to clean, yet it’s something we all have to do on a regular basis. Keeping our homes clean is important to keep us happy and healthy. But there’s more to cleaning than some people might think. For example, did you know there are some things in your home you’re cleaning way too often? And then there are a couple of cleaning mistakes that can actually be dangerous for you. Let us fill you in!

Avoid these cleaning mistakes for your own safety.

1. Forgetting the dryer lint

Sure, we all know that you should clean out the dryer lint after every use. That’s common knowledge. But it’s easy to forget to do it sometimes when you’re just quickly taking out the clean laundry and want to get on with your day. We do urge you to be more careful about it, though. Cleaning out the lint is definitely something to take seriously. Not doing it could lead to a fire in your home. To prevent that from happening, remove the lint from the dryer after every use.

2. Mixing bleach and ammonia

We’ve written about this before, but it definitely can’t hurt to repeat it. Bleach and ammonia don’t go well together at all, so mixing the two together is very dangerous. When the two come into contact with each other, it can create toxic chloramine vapour. You don’t want to inhale these fumes: it can cause damage to your airways and throat burns, or even worse. So, be careful with bleach and ammonia, but also with bleach- and ammonia-based products. In fact, just don’t mix bleach with anything and you’ll be safe.

Want to know about the four other unsafe cleaning mistakes? Go to the next page!

Page 1 of 2