This is the solution for shrunken clothes
A T-shirt that suddenly looks more like a crop top or a pair of pants you can no longer get over your hips: sometimes an item of clothing shrinks in the washing. You’ve got two options: moping about it or undoing the shrinkage. We’ve got the perfect trick for achieving that last option!
You don’t have to throw out those shrunken clothes!
You only need a couple of things to undo the shrinking process. The most important ones are a towel, a drying rack, hair conditioner and a clothes peg (and the item of clothing in question, of course). Got all of those things ready? Follow these instructions:
- Fill your sink with cold water and add a generous splash of hair conditioner.
- Place your shrunken item of clothing in the water and leave it there for 10 to 15 minutes so the conditioner can properly soak into it.
- Drain the water out of the sink.
- Wring out the item of clothing and make sure you manage to get as much water out of it as possible (don’t rinse it!).
- Place the item of clothing on top of a towel. Make sure both are lying flat. This way, the towel can absorb all of the remaining water.
- Hang the item of clothing on a drying rack and wait until it’s dry. That’s it!
Want to save this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!
Image: video still