This is the most dangerous place to charge your phone! Did you already know this?

Be careful where you charge your phone!

Most people charge their mobile phone at night. Either in the living room, on the bedside table or even on their bed itself. But be warned! The bed should be avoided at all time: never charge your phone on your bed overnight. The phone can overheat, leading to life-threatening situations…

Fifteen-year-old Caitlin Rae Durant from Wales got the fright of her life when she placed her phone on her bed. The device overheated and caught fire! In no time her whole room was on fire. The girl remained unharmed, but her family had to live elsewhere for six months because everything had to be refurbished.

So that’s why we have one big piece of advice for you: always unplug the power cord and charger from your device before going to bed. You should also do the same when you think your charger is getting too hot. Lastly, never charge your phone on a soft surface such as a mattress, blanket or other flammable surfaces. Check out the picture below of Caitlin’s bedroom before and after…

Want to save this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!