You can make this breakfast the night before!
Alright, so it’s Christmas morning and you’ve had a few too many glasses of wine on Christmas Eve. With a groan, you stumble out of bed. Help, you still have to celebrate Christmas Day! Not to worry, with this breakfast, you’ll be back on your feet in no time!
You could also just make this delicious egg and cheese breakfast without having a hangover, of course.
This is what you need:
- 100 g cooked ham, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 7 slices of bread (without crusts)
- 150 g cheese, in cubes
- 750 ml milk
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
This is how you make it:
- Grease an oven dish with baking spray (or butter).
- Divide the cubes of ham over the bottom of the dish, making sure they’re evenly spread out.
- Take the crusts off the bread and put butter on both sides of the slices. Slice the bread into cubes as well and divide them over the cubes of ham in the dish.
- Also divide the cheese cubes over the dish.
- Take a bowl and add the milk, eggs, mustard and salt to it. Mix it together until you’ve got a nice and light mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture over the ham, bread and cheese in the dish.
- Cover the dish with cling film and put it into the fridge over night.
- The next morning, preheat the oven at 175 °C and put the dish into the oven to bake for about an hour.
Want to save this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!