This soup is the perfect budget meal for this winter!
Mushrooms are the perfect ingredient for a nice and hearty winter meal. For example, you can use them to make a delicious soup. The perfect comfort food! This mushroom soup we’ve got for you today has another benefit besides being extremely appetising; it’s super cheap to make!
You can make a bowl of soup for the entire family for less than 5 dollars!
This is what you need
- 450 g mushrooms (baby bella)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- pepper and salt
- 15 g butter
- 35 g flour
- 500 ml vegetable broth
- 500 ml water
- 2 g thyme
- 120 ml heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
This is how to do it
- Carefully rinse the mushrooms and slice half of them into slices and the rest into cubes.
- Put the olive oil, mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper into a soup pot and let it fry on medium to high heat, until the mushrooms have lost their moisture. The mushrooms should go dark in colour.
- Add the butter and flour to the pot. Stir and let the it all cook for about 2 minutes. The flour and butter will form a thick paste over the mushrooms at the bottom of the pot. Make sure the flour doesn’t burn.
- Add the broth, water and thyme. Stir it all together until you can no longer see lumps of flour. Let it simmer softly.
- Mix the cream through the soup and add the soy sauce for the finishing touch. Have a taste, and add salt and pepper to taste.
Want to save this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!
Source: BudgetBytes | Image: Pixabay