Wash your hair with coffee and you’ll be amazed
We can hear you think: “Washing my hair with coffee? That’s ridiculous!” But if you want beautiful, shiny and healthy hair, it’s not that bad an idea. Coffee can do much more for you than just wake you up in the morning. Research shows that coffee can improve the shine and the growth of your hair. Plus, it also helps to add depth to darker hair colours.
Important to note: this method is meant for people with dark brown hair in particular. On blonde hair, the results may be less pretty and effective.
Make a pot of extra strong coffee. The darker and stronger the coffee, the more depth it will add to your hair colour. Don’t have any coffee? You can use ground espresso as well to wash your hair with. If you have blonde or ginger hair, you might want to go for another method. This treatment can actually cause light hair colours to appear a little dirty or faded.
This is what you have to do:
- Wash your hair like you normally would with shampoo and rinse it thoroughly.
- Use your hands to squeeze the excess water from your hair. Too dry isn’t good, but your hair shouldn’t be dripping wet either.
- Bend over and flip your hair forward. Pour the cold coffee over your scalp and the roots of your hair.
- If you want to go for a more thorough treatment, you can place a large bowl on the floor underneath your head, so you can catch the coffee and repeat the treatment.
- Tie your hair together on the top of your head and cover it with a shower cap. Leave the coffee to soak for 20 to 60 minutes. The longer you let the coffee sit, the darker your hair will turn out.
- Rinse the coffee out of your hair with warm water and let your hair air dry.
If you repeat this method on a regular basis, your hair will start to become darker, shinier and healthier. Coffee also improves hair growth, which means you’ll have to deal with less hair loss. If you want to make the most out of this method, you can choose to rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar afterwards. This will help retain the colour.
Read more: This woman rubs a banana peel on her face every day and this is the reason!
Want to keep this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!
Source: WikiHow | Image: video still