This is what you need to do:
- Wash the curtain in the washing machine with half the amount of detergent you normally use.
- Add 100 grams of baking soda to the washing machine as well as a splash of white vinegar.
- You could also add a couple of towels to the load of laundry to get rid of the tougher stains. The towels will function as a kind of scrub (there’s no need to add fabric softener).
- Wash the load on a normal cycle with a maximum temperature of 40 degrees Celsius.
Do you wash your shower curtain regularly but do you want to make sure it stays clean in between washes as well? Then we’ve got one last tip for you:
- Fill a spray bottle with one part water and one part white vinegar.
- Shake the bottle so the two ingredients mix properly and spray this onto the shower curtain after every shower you take.
- As an extra step, you could rub in the mixture using a shower brush.
- Optional: do you find the vinegar smell to be too intense? You could add a few drops of lemon oil to the mixture.
Disclaimer: There is no guarantee of specific results and each person’s results may vary.
Want to save this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!
Image: video still YouTube
Page 2 of 2