Shirley was on the operating table for the third time when this awful tragedy began. She contracted a life-threatening bacterial infection due to an infected catheter.
The surgeons decided to perform the operation in the lobby of the hospital, a room which is, of course, not sterile. The choice to do this is so bizarre that we can’t even imagine it! Due to the hospital’s gross negligence, Shirley became extremely sick. She had a high fever and fell into a deep coma. When she awoke from her coma, she found herself in a true nightmare. The doctors had to inform her that the bacteria had gotten to her limbs. Both her hands and feet had been amputated!
The young Peruvian’s once-promising life has been destroyed. She accuses the hospital of gross negligence and serious medical malpractice. She is now awaiting compensation for their mistakes. But can money make up for the loss of your limbs? We’re not too sure!