Tips for use
In addition to cleaning and maintenance, it is also important to know how to use the air-conditioning correctly. These tips will help you to use your air-conditioning wisely:
- Always close the windows and doors when using the air-conditioner. This way, no heat can enter.
- Protect the room you want to cool from direct exposure to the sun, for example by closing the curtains.
- Do not place any objects on the air-conditioner, as these will retain heat.
- Delay vacuuming until a cooler day. The warm air that comes out of the vacuum cleaner will remain in the house and increase the temperature.
- Turn on the air-conditioner before the heat hits. This means that it does not have to work as hard, and your energy costs will be lower.
- Set the thermostat of the air-conditioner so that there is a maximum temperature difference of 7° C compared with the outside temperature. The wind chill will always be a lot lower, because an air-conditioner dehumidifies the air. This ensures that the air feels cooler.
- Do not place the air-conditioner in a large room. Each air-conditioner can cool a maximum number of square meters. If you put the appliance in a larger space than it can handle, you will never be able to properly cool the entire room.
Source: Strooming | Image: Pexels