Lemons are extremely useful
Whether you’re a professional chef or just a lover of food: you’ve probably used lemon in one of your dishes at some point. You can use it to add flavor to your food as well as your drinks and they’re pretty much everywhere. We’re not complaining!
But believe it or not, you can use lemons for a lot more than just adding flavor…
You might have read that you can use lemons as a beauty product for your skin, but that’s not the direction we’re going for with this tip. Lemons are full of vitamin C and antioxidants, so they’re very healthy, but they can also be very useful in your kitchen! Yes, a lemon can make a lot of things much easier when it comes to cooking. Who’d have thought?
- It’ll prevent fruit from going brown: A few drops of lemon juice can do wonders for avocados, apples and bananas. Because of the acid that’s in lemon juice, it’ll help to keep the fruit from going brown.
- It’ll prevent rice from sticking: Again, a few drops of lemon juice are enough. Add them to the boiling water you’re cooking your rice in and it’ll make sure the rice doesn’t stick. It’ll also turn your rice white!
- It’ll make your meat tender: The acid in lemon juice breaks down the fibers in meat, which makes sure it goes perfectly tender.
- It’ll make your lettuce crispy: A bit of lemon juice can help if your lettuce has gone slightly limp. To make the lettuce leaves crispy again, you can soak them in a bowl of water with half a cup of lemon juice. Let them dry for an hour afterwards.
- It’ll change a dish: It’ll spruce up creamy dishes, and it’s a great substitute for salt if you want something without sodium.
- It’ll keep brown sugar soft: Add a slice of lemon juice to your jar of brown sugar if you want to prevent lumps from forming.
- It’ll ensure perfect hard-boiled eggs: Rub a little bit of lemon juice on the egg shell before adding it to the pot of boiling water. The lemon juice will prevent the shell from breaking while the eggs are cooking.
Want to save this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!