You can make the most delicious dishes with leftover rice!
We’re guessing we’re not the only ones to cook way too much rice or pasta every now and again. It’s such a waste, because you can’t always use it again. Do you have a lot of rice leftover and struggle to think what to do with it? Try making this delicious dish!
This is what you need (for 8 small balls)
- 2 cups cooked and cooled rice
- 50 grams Parmesan
- 3 eggs
- 1 ball of mozzarella cheese, in 8 pieces
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- oil, to fry in
- marinara sauce (homemade or store-bought)
This is how you make it:
- Place a big and heavy-bottomed pot on the stove over medium heat and add a good layer of oil to it (you’ll have to use this to fry in later).
- Combine the cooked rice, Parmesan and one egg in a bowl and use your hands to mix them together.
- Take a little bit of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Do this until you’ve got eight of them. Push a piece of mozzarella in every ball.
- Whisk together the remaining two eggs in a small bowl. Dip the balls you just made into the egg and roll it around in the breadcrumbs.
- Let the oil heat up over high heat and carefully place two or three balls into it. Fry the balls until they’re cooked throughout and golden on the outside.
- Use a spoon to take the balls out of the oil and then place them on a plate covered with paper towels. Leave the balls to dry for about a minute, sprinkle them with salt and serve them with the marinara sauce.
Want to save this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!
Source: Just a Taste | Image: archive