This will make your oven squeaky clean once more!
A casserole that has spilled over the edge, a leaky spring form tin; a greasy oven is hard to avoid. The big question: how do you get rid of it? Scrubbing away with a sponge and some soapy water never seems to do the trick. The answer turns out to be really simple, though. All you need is a lemon!
With this trick, those nasty greasy stains will be history!
How does it work?
- To start with, use the vacuum cleaner to get rid of all the loose crumbs and small pieces. Do remember to also vacuum the rubber seal around the door of the oven. A lot of crumbs get stuck in there.
- Cut a lemon into slices and put them into a small, oven safe bowl.
- Preheat the oven at 200 °C.
- Once it’s preheated, put the bowl into the hot oven and leave it there for 10 minutes. The juices in the lemon will evaporate. This ‘lemon steam’ will soak loose all of the grease.
- All that’s left to do now is cleaning away the grease with a damp microfiber cloth. Rinse out the cloth and repeat this step.
- Leave the door of the oven open until everything has dried properly.
Some stains are simply too stubborn to clean this way. If you’ve got a few of those stubborn stains left after trying this trick, it’s time to call in the big guns. Take 30 grams of baking soda and add water until you’ve got a nice, thick paste. Rub this paste onto the stain. Let this sit for 15 to 30 minutes and then you’ll be able to easily scrub away the stain! It’s as easy as that.
Want to save this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!
Source: Flair | Image: video still YouTube, Our Irish Family