A list for daily, weekly and monthly cleaning in and around your home!
It is important to keep your home clean. But we all know that you don’t have to clean everything every week. So, wouldn’t it be helpful to have a list of the things that you should clean every day, week, month or even less frequent? With this list, you’ll know exactly what to clean and when to clean it, without overdoing it!
Some things need to be cleaned every day. It might seem like a lot of work but if you want to keep your home clean, this list will help you achieve that goal! Things that you should do every day to make sure your home stays spotless:
- Do the dishes
- Take out the trash (especially if it has food waste in it)
- Wipe down the kitchen counters and bathroom counters
- Make the bed
- Put all things back in place like toys, loose papers and other objects that were used during the day.
With the daily cleaning tasks, you have already made your home look a lot more organized! There are some things that don’t have to be done daily but should be cleaned weekly. Those tasks are listed below:
- Vacuum your floors and mop them too
- Scrub the toilet, kitchen and bathroom
- Wipe down mirrors, countertops and appliances in your home
- Change your sheets and towels
- Dust the hard surfaces in your home
- Toss out food that is past it’s ‘best before date’
Luckily, there are things in your home that don’t need as much cleaning. And that means less work for you to keep your home squeaky clean! These things should be cleaned monthly:
- Clean your trashcans
- Clean the stove and microwave
- Clean your doorknobs and other things that are touched frequently
- Dust hard-to-reach places in your home
- Wipe down the cabinets in your kitchen
Clean less frequently
Some things don’t have to be cleaned daily, weekly or monthly. Some things don’t even have to be cleaned every season. Things that could be cleaned less frequently (but at least once or twice a year) are:
- Curtains, blinds and shades
- Freezer and fridge
- Pillows, comforters and other decorative items on your bed
- Hood filter
- Dryer duct
If you stick to this cleaning checklist, you’ll keep your home organized, clean and comfortable to live in without feeling like you’re cleaning 24/7!
Read more: The items in your home that you might be cleaning too often
Source: Real Simple | Image: Unsplash, Crystal de Passillé-Chabot