Fabric softener isn’t good for you or your laundry
There are tons of people who still use fabric softener. The commercials say you can’t do your laundry without it; the softener makes your clothes smell as fresh as flowers and as clean as can be. But is that true? We’ve taken a look at what fabric softener actually consists of and we were pretty shocked!
We think you will be as well after you’ve read this.
If you read the packaging properly, you will find that fabric softener contains a couple of substances that aren’t fresh at all. On the contrary, we couldn’t find a single reason why you should foul your clean laundry with these chemicals! We’ve listed some of them below.
1. Alpha-Terpineol – This dangerous chemical can cause health problems like dizziness, headaches, memory loss and even numbness in your face and pain in your neck and back.
2. Benzyl acetate – A toxic chemical that has been linked to pancreatic cancer. The fumes can cause irritation to your eyes and your airways.
3. Benzyl alcohol – Benzyl alcohol can cause a big number of health problems, like central nervous system disorders, headaches, nausea, vomiting, dizziness and extreme drops in blood pressure.
4. Chloroform – Chloroform is a powerful carcinogenic neurotoxin and can cause a lot of health problems like loss of consciousness, nausea, headaches, vomiting and/or dizziness, and drowsiness.
5. Linalool – This is a sedative that is known for causing respiratory problems and the loss of muscle coordination.
All of these nasty chemicals can be found in fabric softener! Not only that, but the stuff is also very expensive and very bad for the environment.
Of course, we understand you still want fresh and soft laundry. Luckily, there’s a very good, natural alternative. Go to the next page to read all about it!
Page 1 of 2