This is what you do:
- Put a big pot of water onto the hob and wait until the water is heated up.
- Cut a lemon in slices.
- Put your shirt (or another formerly white item of clothing) into the pot with water (be careful not to slosh the water over the edge) and add the slices of lemon.
- Let the shirt and the water boil on low heat for 5 minutes and stir regularly.
- Carefully drain the water from the pan. Let your shirt cool for a couple of minutes before taking it out of the pan.
- Now, wash your shirt like you normally would in the washing machine. You’ll notice your shirt will look a lot more white when it comes out of the machine!
Take a look at the video below to see the trick in action, and to find out about more amazing lifehacks! You can find this specific trick at the 8:20 mark.
Want to save this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!
Source: 5-minute crafts | Image: video still
Page 2 of 2