The Apple Cider Vinegar Trap is a simple yet highly effective method for trapping and eliminating fruit flies. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A small glass or jar
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dish soap
- Plastic wrap
- A rubber band
- A toothpick
- Pour a small amount of apple cider vinegar into the glass or jar, about half an inch deep.
- Add a few drops of dish soap to the vinegar and mix it gently. The soap breaks the surface tension of the liquid, making it impossible for fruit flies to escape once they land.
- Cover the glass or jar with plastic wrap, securing it in place with the rubber band.
- Use the toothpick to poke several small holes in the plastic wrap. The holes should be large enough for fruit flies to enter but not so large that they can easily escape.
- Place the trap in areas where fruit flies are most active, such as near your fruit bowl or compost bin.
Disclaimer: Results may vary, and the effectiveness of the trap may depend on the severity of the fruit fly infestation.
Source: Laura Hoyda | Image: Midjourney