Which of these sauces is your favourite?
We can’t complain this month, because it’s been excellent weather where we are. No rain, very pleasant temperatures: we’re loving it! And you know what this weather means, right? It’s time to light the barbecue and get grilling! We love a good barbecue, and we know it’s not just all about the meat. It’s also about what you’re serving with it like salads and sauces. But what sauces are the very best choices?
Here are three great sauces to serve at your barbecue!
Smokey BBQ sauce
This smokey BBQ sauce can lift any barbecue dish to the next level. This recipe makes enough for 6 people.
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 375 ml passata
- 45 g brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon mustard (dijon)
What to do:
- Heat up a tablespoon of oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and garlic on low heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add all of the other ingredients to the pan along with 175 ml water.
- Blend everything together using a handheld blender and let it cook for about 15 minutes on low heat. Stir regularly!
- Flavour to taste with salt and pepper.
Tip: add a few drops of hot sauce or sriracha for some extra heat!
Honey mustard sauce
This is one of our favourite sauces! It’s very easy to make and so delicious!
- 6 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 4 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1.5 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- half a teaspoon soy sauce
- half a teaspoon sugar
- a quarter of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper
What to do:
- Put all of the ingredients in a bowl that’s microwave safe and stir everything together with a fork until it’s evenly mixed.
- Place the bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds and then stir again.
- Cover the sauce with foil and leave it to rest for six hours. This is necessary for the flavours to really work well together.
Go to the next page for the last sauce – it’s a fan favourite!
Page 1 of 2