And you don’t have to be scared of smelly fingers
During summer, most people’s nails are pretty healthy and strong, but we’re nearing autumn and that’s when it goes wrong for a lot of people. The change in season often comes with a change in nail health. They start to become weak and brittle because of the cold and can start splitting and peeling. This isn’t just very annoying, it also means your nails aren’t looking that pretty. Luckily, there’s a very easy way to fix that.
This old remedy works as a natural nail strengthener.
You can find bottles of nail strengthener in a ton of different drug stores or beauty stores. The polish makes sure your nails become stronger and harder, but it can be quite an expensive purchase. It’s much cheaper to fabricate your own nail strengthener and how do you do that? With garlic! It’s an old remedy from grandmother’s time, but it really works. Garlic helps your nails go hard. How does it work exactly? We’ll explain below!
This is what you need:
- a bottle of clear nail polish
- 1 clove of garlic
- juice of one lemon
This is how you do it:
- Slice the clove of garlic as small as possible and add the tiny pieces to the bottle of clear nail polish. Leave this to soak for 5 to 10 days for the best result. You can just leave in the garlic when these days are up.
- Polish your nails like you normally would with the nail polish. Do make sure no pieces of garlic get stuck on your nails.
- Have you gotten a bit of polish on your skin? Wash your hands with the lemon juice to get rid of the smell.
- Polish your nails with this special mixture at least once a week and you’ll notice your nails will become noticeably stronger.
Want to save this article for later? Pin it on Pinterest!
Source: Self | Image: Pexels